Wednesday 3 April 2013

Rainbow!!

Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him: “I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you  and with every living creature that was with you—the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you—every living creature on earth. I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.”
  And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.
Gen 9:8-13


A rainbow is an arc of light separated into bands of color (parallel stripes) that appear when the Sun's rays are refracted and reflected by drops of mist or rain. The colors of the rainbow are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. These are the full spectrum of colors that make up the sun's white light. Thus, rainbow is a multicolored arc of light in sky.




Most of us, if not all, as a child must have been excited to see a rainbow in the sky and marvel at its splendid beauty and wondered where it came from. Rainbows have always fascinated humans every since the early days and as such, have been the subject of songs, poems, stories and mythology.

It is mentioned in the Holy Bible in The book of Genesis (Gen 9: 8-17) where the rainbow is the sign of covenant between God and all life on Earth .  

Lord when I look at the Rainbow you have placed in sky so
blue, it reminds me that all your promises are true
Your Rainbow reminds me that those who believe on you
are few, yet you have called us your little Ewe
 

Lord when I look at the Rainbow I see it's hue, it reminds
me that your love for us true

Your Rainbow in sky so blue, reminds me to keep praying
through
 

Lord when I look at the Rainbow it reminds me of your
promise to all of your creatures some of whom are of
different features

Your Rainbow and it's many colors reminds me that it
represents some whom are called colored
 

Lord when I look at your Rainbow and see how it's colors
are bright, it reminds me to do what is right

Your Rainbow I have never seen at night, this reminds me
to stay in the light
 

Lord when I look at your Rainbow it reminds me of your grief
because of our unbelief

Your Rainbow have no pot of gold, but your wonderful story
of love it has told
 

 Lord when I Look at your Rainbow it reminds that you
promised to never again destroy the World with a flood

Your Rainbow to me is a sign of your love it represents
your Son's life Blood


 
 By Carolyn Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment