Thursday 14 February 2013

Why fear?!!

The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked advance against me to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me, even then I will be confident.
                                                                                             Psalm 27: 1-3

 Fear!! The thing that drives mankind to fall many of the times. Fear drives a man crazy. In this world we do have trials and temptations but God has given us his strength to overcome it all. He is our light. He is our salvation. He is the stronghold of our life then who should we fear, why should we fear? Fear comes in when we don't believe in all these. 

When we have the knowledge about our Lord, the kind of protection he is to us, we need not fear anything at all. Israelites  did not know about the Lord who had called them out of Egypt so they feared that the worst would happen at the Red sea. But Lord proved them otherwise. Unfortunately the did not know the Lord for the rest of the 40 yrs they wandered in the wilderness and so died without entering the promised land. This could be us! If we don't get to know our Savior then we may get lost in this world and may never enter the promised eternity. Fear of things may keep us away from getting to know the Lord so be of caution!! There is nothing to fear since God is on our side. 





Louis Pasteur is reported to have had such an irrational fear of dirt and infection he refused to shake hands. President and Mrs. Benjamin Harrison were so intimidated by the newfangled electricity installed in the White House they didn't dare touch the switches. If there were no servants around to turn off the lights when they went to bed, they slept with them on.

It is said that the Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin so feared for his safety that his residence in Moscow contained eight bedrooms. Each night Stalin chose a bedroom at random to ensure that no one knew exactly where he was sleeping.  

This is a nice quote I read somewhere, 'Sometimes the Lord calms the storm. Sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child.' So lets not look at the situations that surround us but look on to our Lord always. People fear so many things unnecessarily. When we put our trust in the love and sovereignty of out Lord we can be confident and wont stumble or fall even if the whole world comes against us! So Why Fear?!


Amen! Hallelujah!!

By Carolyn Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment